Expand Your Horizons - Voices Expand Your Horizons - Voices

Fantastic! It's an exemplar piece of screamo!

Ambivalence 2.0 Ambivalence 2.0

Epic metal, good stuff man! I only wish the bass was a bit louder, it feels almost empty without it....

AnOrdinaryVision responds:

Thanks man!

Hide no more Hide no more

It's good man. Great club feels. I wanna be humpin somebody right now!

Mauxus responds:

Thanks! Yeah, that's how much I miss it (the club, dirty minds...the club) :D

humble bumble rumble humble bumble rumble

hyped! word b, this some good shit.

drag me with you drag me with you

It's a bit discordant - I can't tell wtf is going on in the beginning. But...it's got great feels.

These Eyes These Eyes

Fantastic. I can't think of anything else to say...fucking fantastic!

Chasing The Sun Chasing The Sun

I agree with Basiatorde...it's a bit monotonous. But it's very thickly textured. I've gotta give some props for that, cuz I know how hard it is.

I0TA responds:

YaboiMatoi - Djaunt YaboiMatoi - Djaunt

It's badass, dude! Totally dig it!

YaboiMatoi responds:

Thank you so much for the kind words!
I really appreciate it! :)

Mkallux - Nuclear Mkallux - Nuclear

I should probably say this isn't my favorite genre...but, trying to put that aside, I'll be as fair as I can be.

There's a sped-up vox sample in the percussion track that keeps stabbing me in the eyeball. I don't like it. It sounds like you used Harmor or Harmless for your bassline - that modulation filter is real easy to pick out. Maybe blur it over a bit with some post-fx (chorus or phaser with a verb). The volume is gigantic - maybe too much compression? Try lowering each track vol individually, then reduce the amount of compression on each of them (if there is any), then run a compressor on the master that melds everything together, subtly. Don't force the bass up way up, the mid way down, and the treble way up on that master track. Instead use slight adjustments until you find a good overall sound...the more you play with it, the more that stuff makes sense. The drop around 1:28 issues a broken step kick that I think sounds off...maybe look at that more closely in the midi-editor and line it up closer to the downbeat, and make sure the intervals between kicks are equal...or closer to equal than they are...is that the swing filter in FL's pattern editor? Don't use that...ever - it's no good, trust me. If you wanna do something a bit off kilter, map it to midi and edit it that way. I'm willing to entertain a deeper conversation about this stuff if you'd like to PM me, but in it's current state I can't give this more than 3/5.

MkalluxMusic responds:

I haven't used harmor, harmless, or any FL midi settings...

I'm honestly trying to get some criticism I can use out of this review but either:

You talked about something I don't understand or you just a assumed something like I used harmor and tried telling me about a capability that those plug ins have that the plugins I used either don't have or are different.

Oh well...

Thanks for the review. :D

At least you tried.

AIM - 23069601337 AIM - 23069601337

I was like, eh....then 00:50 happened - sold. I feel like I just walked into a BSE rave right now, WHO GOT DA EX AND WHERE MY GLOSTICKS!?

5TanLey responds: